Content marketing is an effective way to generate leads, but over time even a successful campaign can benefit from a refresher. If you’ve noticed a drop in your lead generation numbers lately, then try these four content marketing hacks to help give them a boost.
- Publish an e-book
Long-form content has been shown to improve ranks and conversions, and one of the most popular sources of longer content is the e-book. This kind of content gives consumers a chance to learn more about a product or service than they can from a website or blog post.
To ensure successful lead generation from an e-book, follow these tips:
- Conduct market research.
- Choose a great title.
- Create an outline and stick to it.
- Delegate tasks such as proofreading, layout and design to experienced professionals.
- Be sure that the e-book is optimised for rankings and social sharing.
- Go social
It’s no longer sensible for content marketers to ignore the power – and benefits – of social media. According to research, consumers are turning more and more to their social networks to inform their purchasing decisions and connect with their favourite brands. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are the obvious leaders, but don’t forget outliers such as LinkedIn, Pinterest and Snapchat, which are rapidly developing more powerful tools for marketers.
- Video content
Smart marketers recognise the importance of video content in building brand awareness, boosting online engagement and generating more leads. Gated video, tutorials, Q&A sessions and carefully crafted CTAs can all help turn your video content into a powerful lead generation tool.
- Host a webinar
Webinars can be effective in driving leads, but only if they are planned and implemented properly. Admittedly, it takes a bit of effort, but when done well, webinars can produce impressive results.
To improve the lead-generating power of your next webinar:
- Entice high-quality registrations by targeting a specific audience, crafting targeted messaging, and offering convenience incentives such as replay or on-demand, a special offer or exclusive content.
- Add a co-host to widen audience reach.
- Promote the event across communication channels.
- Be sure that the video quality, graphics, music and production values are as professional as your budget allows. High-quality video builds consumer trust.
Great content marketing is an effective lead generation tool, but every so often it makes sense to consider integrating new and different strategies into a campaign in order to shake things up and revitalise your lead generation efforts.